• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI - OPT Extension or H1B - Need Help !!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

playe27

Hello,

I got 1st DUI last night (28th Dec) with 0.12 Alcohol content in Portland Oregon

Hopefully will go for DUI Diversion program for 1 year. I have few questions to ask.

As I'll go for DUI Diversion program, Court will held my case for 1 year.

1. Will it affect my OPT - Extension procedure, Because my OPT will expire this May. So i need to apply by March or May for extension.

Or

2. Should I go for H1B process this April, Will it affect my new H1b processing through Full Time Employer.

Please help me with these question, and suggest me which 1 is good option to go with, I'm finding lot of difficulties with these situation.

I'm thinking to go for OPT extension because by next year my DUI will go off if I successfully completed the Diversion program.

Then applying for H1B is good option with no DUI charges, correct me If I'm wrong.

Please help me guyz, Very Imp here !!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">