• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dui out of state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brandydiehl

My question is... I'm visiting South Carolina from Florida. I got a DUI here in SC and will that cause for my licenses to be suspended in Florida. My first DUI!! I know they suspended my licenses here in SC but I have a Florida Licenses.

BigMistakeFl

SC will notify FL and FL will suspend. That is, unless you choose to fight the charge and you prevail. Remember that court side and DMV side are two distinct issues.

FlyingRon

What was your BAC?
Your right to drive in SC is already suspended if you blew more than .15.
Expect a $400 fine and to be suspended in SC for six months on conviction.

As soon as FL hears they will take a similar action.
You'll need to get reinstated in SC before Florida will reinstate you.

It's going to be a pain being an out of state offender but you're lucky that SC is one of the more lenient states.

HomeGuru

My question is... I'm visiting South Carolina from Florida. I got a DUI here in SC and will that cause for my licenses to be suspended in Florida. My first DUI!! I know they suspended my licenses here in SC but I have a Florida Licenses.
**A: I suggest you move to Cuba.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">