• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dui out of state but that state id is canceled and have a new DL?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

arigato

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IA

Hello,

I have been hired, passed background checks and signed contracts for a really good company to drive all over 2 states in the mid-west. I will be using a company car that I partly pay for. I have a pending DUI case in CA that may result in my CA license being revoked. It has been almost 2 years and the case is still going around in circles. I got a license in another mid west state over a year ago and canceled my CA license.

My question: If I take this job and later on my canceled CA license gets revoked, will the DMV go out of their way to search for my other state DL and file something with that state? Also, with Insurance companies checking DL records every 6 months, would they see my CA lic even though I would only be working and driving in those two other mid west states?

I am worried and I don't want to waste the time and money of the company that hired me, as well as not wanting to get into a bunch trouble something that I can just avoid by not putting myself in that situation.

Thank you for your time

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
... will the DMV go out of their way to search for my other state DL and file something with that state?
There is no "going out of the way" - computers make life easier for everyone. If you lose your license in CA, it may very well be lost in IA

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">