• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI/OWI plea to reckless or driving while visibly impaired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

madelefant

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I was arrested for OWI in Michigan which is the one where you have measured over .08 (.09 in my case). My attorney from the get go was pushing me to take a reckless driving as a plea bargain.

It doesn't make sense to me. OWI caries a 30 day license suspension with 150 days restricted.

OWVI (while visually impaired ) is 90 days restricted.

Reckless is 90 days suspended.

I can't see how the reckless is a good deal. Am I missing something here? Is it because of the potential cumulative effect of drunk driving charges if convicted again? Or because of some associated requirements? Reporting, testing?

I have no criminal record and no points on my license.

Mike

moburkes

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I was arrested for OWI in Michigan which is the one where you have measured over .08 (.09 in my case). My attorney from the get go was pushing me to take a reckless driving as a plea bargain.

It doesn't make sense to me. OWI caries a 30 day license suspension with 150 days restricted.

OWVI (while visually impaired ) is 90 days restricted.

Reckless is 90 days suspended.

I can't see how the reckless is a good deal. Am I missing something here? Is it because of the potential cumulative effect of drunk driving charges if convicted again? Or because of some associated requirements? Reporting, testing?

I have no criminal record and no points on my license.

Mike
Yes, plus the insurance costs, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">