• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI Pennsylvania - Drug metabolites

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nursedan

I got a DUI in Pennsylvania. I go to a methadone clinic regularly but do mess up occasionally and they found the metabolites for Heroin and Cocaine. free-morphine (heroin), and Benzoylecgonine (cocaine). They also found my methadone and methadone metabolite (EDDP). .

They did not find heroin or cocaine but metabolites that stay in your system for days. So Im not charged with a Schedule 1 offence. Its Schedule 2 or 3.

So basically I used cocaine and heroin the night before. And got pulled over and my blood drawn at 2:00PM the next day.

Should I just go ARD (first time offence program)?

Ladyback1

I got a DUI in Pennsylvania. I go to a methadone clinic regularly but do mess up occasionally and they found the metabolites for Heroin and Cocaine. free-morphine (heroin), and Benzoylecgonine (cocaine). They also found my methadone and methadone metabolite (EDDP). .

They did not find heroin or cocaine but metabolites that stay in your system for days. So Im not charged with a Schedule 1 offence. Its Schedule 2 or 3.

So basically I used cocaine and heroin the night before. And got pulled over and my blood drawn at 2:00PM the next day.

Please, please, please! Tell me you are not a member of the medical community, as your user name seems to indicate!:(:mad::eek:

FlyingRon

I'm confused. WHAT ARE YOU CHARGED WITH? Methadone is as bad as anything else as far as DUI goes.

Do you have some prior offense. That may rule out ARD as it is. Further ARD is 100% discretionary. If you're a druggy and got caught driving, the DA may be completely predisposed against offering it to you.

You definitely need an attorney, even for the DUI, in my opinion. Find one.

Last edited:

quincy

Following are links to, in order, Pennsylvania drugged driving laws, and sentencing guidelines, and information on the ARD program.

http://norml.org/legal/item/pennsylvania-drugged-driving

http://www.lcb.state.pa.us/cons/groups/alcoholeducation/documents/form/000342.pdf

http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/234/chapter3/chap3toc.html

I would be surprised if you are offered ARD. I recommend you seek out the assistance of a criminal defense attorney in your area for help with your defense. You would be ill-advised to try to handle this on your own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">