• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI and possible new job???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jwill07

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Hello in September got a DUI. And i am concerned. As of recent I am going to apply to a government position and is hesitant about stating that i got a dui. should i check no on the application. Heres the thing, Im going through ARD I did my classes im just goin through my 6 month period as we speak and then im off. I heard ARD is not admitting to guilt. So what should I do. And what happens when they see my record and see a DUI??

Thanks for the help

Antigone*

Hello in September got a DUI. And i am concerned. As of recent I am going to apply to a government position and is hesitant about stating that i got a dui. should i check no on the application. Heres the thing, Im going through ARD I did my classes im just goin through my 6 month period as we speak and then im off. I heard ARD is not admitting to guilt. So what should I do. And what happens when they see my record and see a DUI??

Thanks for the help
:mad::mad:How many different threads are you going to start???:mad::mad:

HomeGuru

Thanks for the help
**A: I hope the job is not as a bartender on a military base.

paguy88

Thanks for the help
depends on what the government job is.

For example on a Penn Dot application. It will ask if you have been arrested/convicted... also it will ask if you have been in ARD for a driving offense... no point in lying they can find out easy.

some jobs won't ask just depends.

just depends on what question they ask...

if they ask have you been arrested the anwser is yes(until the moment it is expunged)

if they ask have you been convited the anwser is no.

just depends on what they ask dude.

jwill07

correct me if im wrong but i heard that on applications they are not allowed if you have been arrested, just if you have been convicted

FlyingRon

ARD is not a conviction, it's issued before the case goes to trial (it's a hearing). If you fail ARD, they still have to try and convict you.

paguy88

correct me if im wrong but i heard that on applications they are not allowed if you have been arrested, just if you have been convicted
they can ask about arrests...

you decide if you want to disclose them... you actually have been convited.

I have applied for jobs that have asked such questions as have you ever been arrested for a crime?

you have ever been convited of a crime in the past 10 years

some just ask if you have been convited of a felony in the past 10 years

just depends on employer...

that said plenty of people who have been convited of crimes have respectable jobs.

FlyingRon

He has *NOT* been convicted.

Many of the federal forms ask about deferred prosecutions to catch things like this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">