• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dui probation! Helllpp!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PaigeMaster

HI. I NEED SOME LEGAL ADVICE FOR MY FIANCE. HE HAS 2 DUI'S, BUT HE HAD A GOOD LAWYER AND WAS ONLY FORMALLY CHARGED WITH ONE. HE WAS ON PROBATION FOR 2 YEARS AND WAS ALMOST DONE WITH HIS PROBATION (HE ONLY HAD 4 MONTHS LEFT) AND HE GOT ARRESTED FOR A HIT AND RUN IN A DIFFERENT PARISH (COUNTY). HE HAS SATISFIED ALL OF HIS REQUIREMENTS FOR PROBATION SUCH AS COMMUNITY SERVICE, A.A. CLASSES, AND HE HAS PAID ALL HIS FINES. HE HAS BEEN IN JAIL SINCE HE GOT ARRESTED FOR THE HIT AND RUN WHICH WAS MAY 3, 2011. HE WAS MOVED TO THE PARISH WHERE HE IS ON PROBATION AND HAS A REVOCATION OF PROBATION HEARING NEXT WEEK, WHAT COULD THE CONSEQUENCES BE????
THE HIT AND RUN CHARGE WAS DROPPED FOR LACK OF EVIDENCE BUT HE IS STILL IN JAIL BECAUSE HE GOT ARRESTED WHICH VIOLATED HIS PROBATION, I AM SO CONFUSED I DONT KNOW WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN, ANY ADVICE WOULD HELP :confused::(

FlyingRon

If he reported the arrest to his probation officer, and there wasn't any other violations involved, the revocation hearing should go in his favor. If he didn't report the arrest, that itself is likely a violation. Jail is always a possibility in these cases. Hopefully he still has the number of that good lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">