• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI probation w/new speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

klockett

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
Hello, my husband received a DUI a few months ago and plead guilty because he couldn't afford a lawyer. It was his first DUI and he was placed on probation w/heavy fines, community srvc & a DUI class (both comm. srvc & DUI class are now completed). His license is now valid for work to home only, but we went out of town this past weekend and it was a 7hr drive home (yesterday). I'm pregnant with super swollen feet so he decided to drive for a short bit so that I could rest. As soon as he had driven a bit, he was pulled over for speeding (87 in a 70) and ticketed for that & driving w/the limited/suspended license. The officer let us go & I drove the rest of the way home, but he has an appt. w/his probation off. on the 17th of this month. Should he tell them about the tickets b4 his appt. date? Will his probation be revoked and he sent to jail? We are in GA and aren't clear about the laws, could someone please help? What should he do and what could happen with these new tickets? Is there anything that I can do to try to petition the court for leniency on his probation? :(

Thanks,
klockettWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">