• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dui in seattle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

harveykarisma

What is the name of your state? WA

I am a 61 year old man. I also am a self professed alcoholic. I have been sober for many years but recently relapsed because of a lot of personal issues I am currently dealing with. I don't use that as an excuse, but just as info. I was arrested in Seattle for DUI. This is a first offense. Blood alchohol was .20. Anyone know what I can expect? Best way to go? I am considering deferred prosecution.

I believe Washington has a first time offenders program which is called "deferred prosecution". You'll have to go through the alcohol school program and some other minor jazz they require. This is going to be time comsuming. Level 1 alcohol school can involve 3 days per week 2 to 3 hour group sessions at $25 to $60 a session. If your health insurance pays for it or a part of it, they will charge the higher price to subsidise the underprivelegded people that go through the program. Contact a DUI attorney and take the free initial consultation to get more information. Unless WA requires the presence of an attorney in your court appearance, you should be able to deal with this without the expenses of an attorney. But verify this.

You should be able to show up at court and request to be placed in the deferred prosecution program. I live next door in Oregon. In Oregon you see an Administrative Law judge and he/she explains the parameters of the first time offenders program and what your choices are and you get to decide. I didn't need an attorney for this.

Good luck and stay clean.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">