• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI and then FTA after sentencing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sjvalencia

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
I got a DUI and went to court where I was ordered to complete Community Service and pay a hefty fine. I was given 1 year to complete my requirements. The year came around and I hadnt done any of the requirements and I FTA in court. It's now been a year since i failed to appear. I will be voluntarily going to court tomorrow morning any advice as to what I can expect? or what I should do? Is there any chance I wont serve Jail time?

Last edited:

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
I got a DUI and went to court where I was ordered to complete Community Service and pay a heft fine. I was give 1 year to complete my requirements. when the year came around I hadnt done any of the requirements and I FTA in court. its now been a year since i failed to appear. I will be voluntarily going to court tomorrow morning any advice as to what I can expect? or what I should do?
wow. okay...so get out your court order. what does it say as far as jail time?

well, that's the time you are going to serve...and THEN!!!

you will serve in addition to your original jail sentence a probation violation. with MORE fines and jail sentence.

so, in preparation....wear heavy clothing, those fish bowls get REALLY cold during processing. once you're stripped, the temperture is a bit not so cold. stay away from that stuff they pass off as bolgna. and when you eat the hot burritos, make sure no one is near the toilet and flush frequently. see if anyone can set up an account for you at the commissary for more edible food.

or, don't go in yet, talk to an attorney first thing in the morning.

or call the public defender's office first thing in the morning.

Sjvalencia

Its True that i failed to comply with my court order but as the sole provider for a family of 6 and at the time a forclosure i could not afford to leave my family. I know i was wrong and I made things a lot worse but I'm hoping to catch 1 last break. does me coming in voluntarily help me out any? the reason i'm finally deciding to go in to court is because i was able to save $1500 to atleast give something to the court.

Last edited:

Sjvalencia

is there a possibility that i might not serve any jail time with a good plea and some money to pay up front? and if I am serving jail time how long could that be?

Antigone*

If the OP doesn't come back later today....

... well, let's just say we don't need SJ's crystal ball in order to figure out what happened:cool:

Sjvalencia

Hey Guys i went to court and was very close to serving substantial jail time, but i came in with a great plea and managed to avoid jail. thanks anyway

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">