• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dui third transfer please help***

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

antney210

Http://www.interstatecompact.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=bqpt53W3oQ0=&tabid=89 PAGE 66 and 67 is this a solution???

I got my third dui in a three year period back in march... Did all my time and work release bracelet for first two got sentenced for them at the same time back in october 2008.... Now when I got third dui, I went to rehab the next day, got out have been on scram monitoring bracelet since then finished a 90 and 90, obtained a sponor working the steps and completed all of my alchohol drug evaluation and classes.. My sentencing is set for 2 weeks from now, but I want to transfer to florida my father and family lives there Im 23 years old he bought a major business and wants me apart of this and I'm a main shareholder... What are the chances here of moving

Are misdemeanants eligible for transfer under the Interstate Compact?
A misdemeanor offender whose sentence includes one year or more of supervision is eligible for transfer provided the instant offense includes one or more of the following:
An offense in which a person has incurred direct or threatened physical or psychological harm
An offense that involves the use or possession of a firearm
A second or subsequent misdemeanor offense of driving while impaired by drugs or alcohol(My third DUI is a misdemanor) A sexual offense that requires the offender

essentially what I am saying is I KNOW that a third DUI in florida is a felony.. in PA it's a misdeamor So with getting this transfered do I not worry or bring up transfering until after I get sentenced here and I am more than likely put on DUI Court and maybe still on the bracelet.. or get the transfer ball rolling before hand with a plan of action

FlyingRon

If all your DUIs convictions are in PA, then all you will have is misdemeanors. It matters not if you move somewhere else. Whether they will transfer your probation is purely discretionary on the probation departments of both states. Mind you, Pennsylvania is not speedy. I've seen transfer take six months. The PO if you're in good standing may authorize you to move prior to the formal transfer. I don't know how receptive they'd be in this case.

antney210

but that doesnt answer my question legally can i?? look at the link and the judges book through the interstate compact

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">