• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI to Wet Reckless

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mt_flyer05

I was charged with a DUI in Montana recently, and the preliminary breath test at the station showed a .05, which is still illegal, since I am under 21. However, the Inoxylizer was down, so they had to take me in for a blood test, but couldn't get me in for two hours, so the blood test came up .00. My question is, how likely am I to get out of this, or at least settle for a plea bargain of wet reckless?

FlyingRon

I was charged with a DUI in Montana recently, and the preliminary breath test at the station showed a .05, which is still illegal, since I am under 21. However, the Inoxylizer was down, so they had to take me in for a blood test, but couldn't get me in for two hours, so the blood test came up .00. My question is, how likely am I to get out of this, or at least settle for a plea bargain of wet reckless?
There's no statutory "wet reckless" in Montana, but a plea to reckless is possible. You'd be advised to get a lawyer. He can apprise as to whether you can beat the charge entirely (best possible outcome) or what you might be able to plead it to.

TigerD

Additionally,there are collateral consequences to consider. For example in Missouri, a lot of people pleaded down to wet reckless or another variation of misdemeanor driving charges only to find that after 10 years a DWI can be expunged, but the pleaded charge cannot.

Taking a long term view helps too.

DC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">