• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI in WV

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carrie3474

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? West Virginia

I received a DUI in WV of .085 and possession of less than 15 grams of marijuana. I went to court and was sentenced to participation in the safety treatment classes and the test & lock program & put on unsupervised probation for a year. The marijuana charge was dropped. I believe they said i was in the expungement program. I completed the classes and paid all my fines. I did not participate in the test & lock program BC I did not have a car. I chose to go 90 days without driving (which is what my option 2 clearly stated I could do and when I called the the DMV in Charleston Wv they said that was correct even if I was participating in the exoungement program). I then paid my reinstatement fee after the 90 fays and was told I was fine to drive.

Now I just received a notice to appear for a status hearing. What will they ask me here, will I be in trouble for not participating in the test & lock program, how will they know I didn't? Im so terrified I did something wrong, and I thought I had this behind me. Any insight would be helpful, I feel like I'm walking in blind and they could screw me somehow. I've never be in trouble before this DUI. Thanks in advance!

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Why don't you find out from the DMV??

From what I can see from online information this is a DMV administrative hearing. Even though your court case is resolved the DMV may still suspend your license for the DUI.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">