• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUII cause and effect

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

todds

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

I was recently pulled over for an illegal left turn. During event I was asked about my drinking and weather or not I had anything to drink? I must have been asked at least a half dozen times in a very short period how much I had drank, what types of alcohol and where I was. The officer repeated himself repeatedly. They then proceeded to administer the field sobriety test on the sidewalk. This by the way was on hill at a pretty significant incline. They even commented dot such. I had two beers and was arrested for a drinking and driving. I was not read my Miranda rights until I was handcuffed taken down town and sitting in front of the BAC machine. I thought that it was required to reads my Miranda Rights immediately following my being placed in police custody? While in police custody I took a breathalyzer test and passed with a .05 or less. It was obvious to me that the officer was surprised by my levels on the BAC. The cops were not satisfied with that and pursued a series of questions about illegal drug use. Asking if I had smoked marijuana or done any other form of drug that day. I replied "NO." They asked me to submit to a UA which I did. The test was administered by the officer and not the DRE. From what I have read online the test must be given by the DRE. After continued pressure about my level of intoxication I was reduced to telling them I was a smoker but I had not smoked that day. I continued by saying it had been more than 24 hours since I last smoked. Truthfully I had smoked 8 hours before they made me take a UA. I had not eaten all day and it was now 9PM when they then brought a DRE expert to test me. From what I understood my levels blood pressure, heart rate and pupil test were within the legal limits (maybe slightly high) due to nervousness and being scarred. I was released on my own recognizance and I still have my license. I know face a DUII. What can I expect if I passed a breathalyzer but fail a UA? This is my first offense. Can my lack of eating and sleep cause me to fail the DUII? I felt extreme pressure by police to admit to being under the influence. I contend that I was fine to drive and my breathalyzer proved my point. In others experiences what should I be doing? I have a lawyer involved but I feel this should be dismissed based on lack of evidence.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">