• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dui's exponged?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeff41

What is the name of your state? pa

was reading another post about getting an old dui exponged. i got two in jan/feb of 1990 that are still ruining my life. how would i go about looking into having them expunged?

MichelleBurger

Hey Jeff. that was me asking about expunges. I don't know...still don't. No lawyer will give me a straight answer. Where did you get yours? I hear now you can't do anything until 10 years after your DUI. It was 7 when my boyfriend got his....now it's 10...no grandfather clause here. It is still screwing up his life too. If you find anything out, add me to your buddy list and let me know what ya did. Sincerely, Michelle

Or Not

What is the name of your state? pa

was reading another post about getting an old dui exponged. i got two in jan/feb of 1990 that are still ruining my life. how would i go about looking into having them expunged?
The only real course of action for you in my eyes would be to contact a lawyer in your area that specializes in DUI expungement. Because you have multiple offender status there are way to many "IF/THENS" to be answered on a message board like this. Expect to pay anywhere from $300-$3000 for their assistance.

I can say though, IF you have had no other criminal activity since 1990 and IF you completed all of your court ordered judgments (i.e. paid all the fines, attended AA meetings and whatever else they told you to do) THEN the length of time that has passed will work in your favor.

Hey Jeff. that was me asking about expunges. I don't know...still don't. No lawyer will give me a straight answer. Where did you get yours? I hear now you can't do anything until 10 years after your DUI. It was 7 when my boyfriend got his....now it's 10...no grandfather clause here. It is still screwing up his life too. If you find anything out, add me to your buddy list and let me know what ya did. Sincerely, Michelle
Sounds like you've heard some variation of this:

-Effective February 1, 2004
PennDOT will automatically expunge ARD (Accelerated Rehabilitation Disposition) records after 10 years providing a person's operating privileges were not revoked as a habitual offender and/or the person was not a commercial driver at the time of the violation.

Again, a lot of "IF/THENS"...IF you are a first time offender and it has been at least ten years, THEN contact the Administrative Clerk of the Court that convicted you and politely inquire if you are eligible for expungement.

paguy88

The only real course of action for you in my eyes would be to contact a lawyer in your area that specializes in DUI expungement. Because you have multiple offender status there are way to many "IF/THENS" to be answered on a message board like this. Expect to pay anywhere from $300-$3000 for their assistance.

I can say though, IF you have had no other criminal activity since 1990 and IF you completed all of your court ordered judgments (i.e. paid all the fines, attended AA meetings and whatever else they told you to do) THEN the length of time that has passed will work in your favor.

Sounds like you've heard some variation of this:

-Effective February 1, 2004
PennDOT will automatically expunge ARD (Accelerated Rehabilitation Disposition) records after 10 years providing a person's operating privileges were not revoked as a habitual offender and/or the person was not a commercial driver at the time of the violation.

Again, a lot of "IF/THENS"...IF you are a first time offender and it has been at least ten years, THEN contact the Administrative Clerk of the Court that convicted you and politely inquire if you are eligible for expungement.
what you are quoting is just the ARD program... for first time offenders... I don't believe this is the case for this poster... this 10 year record keeping is just for Penn DOT not the criminal record...

If he was in ARD... and completed the program the charge would have already been expunged...

The only way I believe he can get a expungement in PA is VIA a govenors pardon...

good luck trying to get that.. It can be done but very difficult...

MichelleBurger

Gosh...thanks. It sounds like I need some kind of act of God to get this thing taken care of. Thanks for the responses...I guess we will find out our fate on Nov 19, when we have to go back to Michigan for the hearing!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">