• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DWI case dismissed... what can be done about the BMW fee?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mokey000

What is the name of your state? OH

I have a dismissal hearing this Wednesday and if my case 'happens' to get dropped is there a way to appeal the BMV's $425 reinstatement fee?

M

mokey000

I guess I should have done a little more research but I read on here that the BMV is a separate battle from the courts.

I found this though on the Ohio BMV website which I am assuming is reliable...

Cause: Operating a vehicle with a prohibited alcohol concentration or drug of abuse and with no prior OVI's within the last six years on the driving record.

Length of Suspension: Determined by the Court. If no suspension period is assessed, no reinstatement fee is required.

Limited Driving Privileges: Driver may file a petition for limited driving privileges in the municipal, county, mayor's, or in the case of a minor, juvenile court that has jurisdiction over the place of arrest. (Section 4510.021 O.R.C.)

Reinstatement Requirements:

Serve the court imposed suspension.

Pay Reinstatement Fee: See Reinstatement Fee List for required fee amount.

Show Proof of Insurance by forwarding the proper documentation to:

It says that if there is no suspension assigned by the court(which is it was dismissed there wouldnt be) then there is no fee for reinstatement. Am I missing something or did I just answer my own question?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">