• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DWI help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adrieneann

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nebraska
I need to try to get diversion for my DWI so that I can keep my record spotless. If diversion is not an option then I need to get a drivers permitt so that I can get to work and because I am a stay at home mom during the day so I have kids to haul around and take to school. I am also a part time student and commute 45 miles to school. Do I need a public defender to make this happen or can I go in and request it myself? To get the public defender, do I have to plead not guilty even though I am so that the court will appoint me one, and will my plea be a lie in the courts eye?

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nebraska
I need to try to get diversion for my DWI so that I can keep my record spotless. If diversion is not an option then I need to get a drivers permitt so that I can get to work and because I am a stay at home mom during the day so I have kids to haul around and take to school. I am also a part time student and commute 45 miles to school. Do I need a public defender to make this happen or can I go in and request it myself? To get the public defender, do I have to plead not guilty even though I am so that the court will appoint me one, and will my plea be a lie in the courts eye?
i got lost right there. how are you a stay at home mom AND you go to work?

adrieneann

just to be clear, I stay home with my children during the day, go to school at night, and work weekends. I am just wondering how I can avoid losing my liscense and how I can obtain a permitt if I do lose it. Do I need a public defender for this and does that mean I have to plead not guilty at my hearing and request one?

FlyingRon

Nebraska calls it the Employment Driving Permit (EDP). Work and school may be eligible. "Hauling the kids around is NOT" You need a lawyer.

ERAUPIKE

just to be clear, I stay home with my children during the day, go to school at night, and work weekends. I am just wondering how I can avoid losing my liscense and how I can obtain a permitt if I do lose it. Do I need a public defender for this and does that mean I have to plead not guilty at my hearing and request one?
One way would have been not driving drunk. Your circumstances are unfortunate but you will be subject to the same penalties as everyone else.

adrieneann

thanks

thank you to the person who actually answered my question I was asking. As to the other, all I was looking for was an answer, not an "Oh poor me what will I do, I should be treated special." Believe me, I know I should not have done it and I will suffer the consequences. I just needed advice and now you have left me feeling belittled, stupid, and quite honestly, angry. :mad:

Taper420

thank you to the person who actually answered my question I was asking. As to the other, all I was looking for was an answer, not an "Oh poor me what will I do, I should be treated special." Believe me, I know I should not have done it and I will suffer the consequences. I just needed advice and now you have left me feeling belittled, stupid, and quite honestly, angry. :mad:
Some people tend to be total d**** around here, while others are genuinely helpful, if not blunt about it. Ron is right, get an attorney and roll the dice. It's the best you can do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">