• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DWI at Home?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cd2212

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

Here are the events:
9:00PM - drinking beers at party
10:45PM - Stopped drinking (6 beers)
1:30AM - Ran off the road to avoid dear and put the car in a ditch
1:50AM - Went to a house where the accident occurred and made several calls to towing companies but could not get thru to anyone so i decided to get a ride home.
2:15AM - Received a ride to my home and planned on taking care of the car in the morning
2:15AM - I am assuming the peoples house i went to called 911
2:20AM - Had a glass of vodka and a shot of tequila at my house
3:00AM - Police arrived at the house and took me to my car
3:05AM - arrested for a DWI and taken downtown
3:59AM - BAC =.14
5:45AM - Arrived back at my home

Am i totally screwed here? This is my first time.

lenny71

Pretty much. The issue is that the family saw you intoxicated and reported the events to 911. If you got an $$$$$ lawyer he may be able to help you. You do have a chance to beat this. But everyone including the DA and the judge have a good understanding of what transpired. I would see if the Da would cut you a deal and save some $$$.

tranquility

Anything other than cop catch drunk driver is a little harder for the state to prove. But, let's face it, you were DUI. Any time one's only hope is to play the system and maybe use a trick to win, that's going to be a slim hope. It's probably better to get an attorney in any event, so let him review the facts and ask him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">