• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DWI Indiana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riotboy

What is the name of your state? Indiana (I live in Illinois)

A few months ago I had a DWI accident in Indiana that lead to my friend's death in the crash. I'm going to trail soon and I was wonder how much jail time is usually given out in these cases. I have a Class B & C felonies (B) is 6 to 20 years (C) is 2 to 8 years I believe. I can only be charged w/ one of these, so if I get the minimal 2 years would I have to serve to full 2 years? Also, am I eligible for probation instead of jail time?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You should have been charged with murder. You planned to drink. You planned to drive. You knew that drinking and driving was against the law. You knew it caused deaths. yet you did it anyway and your friend died. premediated act resulting in death -- murder. Hopefully you will get 20 years. Long enough for you to think about everything you did and how you took someone's life.

Riotboy

You should have been charged with murder. You planned to drink. You planned to drive. You knew that drinking and driving was against the law. You knew it caused deaths. yet you did it anyway and your friend died. premediated act resulting in death -- murder. Hopefully you will get 20 years. Long enough for you to think about everything you did and how you took someone's life.
It was an accident, as if I'd do something like that on purpose. You don't know me or what I'm going through to pass judgement on me. Accidents happen and this was a tragic one and I'll face the music and my punishment but don't ...come in here like you're almighty mr/mrs perfect that's never had an accident in their life...

Last edited by a moderator:

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

Unfortunately, it doesn't count as an accident nor as a mistake. The law was made very clear to you and to me and all DUI offenders when we passed our license examination. We knew we were not in the right condition to be driving on that fateful day, yet we chose to anyway.

Your situation is severe and should really be discussed with the very best DUI defense lawyer you can find. I'm sure you're scared, with good reason.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
It was an accident, as if I'd do something like that on purpose. You don't know me or what I'm going through to pass judgement on me. Accidents happen and this was a tragic one and I'll face the music and my punishment but don't ...come in here like you're almighty mr/mrs perfect that's never had an accident in their life...
Say goodbye Riotboy. You were not in an accident. YOu may not have MEANT to KILL your friend but you MEANT to drink alcohol that night; you MEANT to get behind the wheel AFTER drinking alcohol; you MEANT to drive after drinking. YOU KNEW what WAS POSSIBLE. And you ignored it. As such, you KILLED your friend. YOU CAUSED SOMEONE TO DIE! You destroyed a life. And now you are facing prison for many years. It was not an accident. It was stupidity. Now how many years is your friend facing being dead? Oh, yeah. Eternity. Never said I was perfect but I have NEVER got behind the wheel after I have been drinking alcohol. If I drink alcohol I am either at home and not driving ANYWHERE or have a DD who is not driving. You on the other hand broke several laws.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">