• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DWI loosing my license for no reason

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DWI4nonDrunk

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Got a DWI for pulling my trailer 20 feet for my wife to pull our boat out of the water as she has difficulties driving with the trailer.

Cop came and gave me a sobriety test which I passed but still arrested me for DWI. All I had were two cups of wine. I blew .18 and now Im basically screwed.

Im about to loose my license, my car insurance (loose it permanently as I will not be allowed back in their policy), amoung everything else.

I have called several lawyers as the prosecutor suggested on me hiring a lawyer. All the lawyers I have called tell me the same thing that I will loose my license for 7 months as a 1st time offense. So why spend thousands of dollars to hire a lawyer when Im going to be found guilty anyways?

I dont know but I even think this will take a toll on my marriage and sadly we have been married for just two years. Luckily no children yet but I am going insane not knowing what to do. If I would have driven on a road and hit a tree or something then I would understand. But I feel as though Im being treated as if I killed someone on the road.

xylene

You are delusional.

You met EVERY aspect of a DWI.

BLL of .18 That is HIGH.

Look a blood alcohol table.

Two glasses of vodka wouldn't get your BLL that high...

If you felt sober at a BLL of .18, you need to check yourself into an alcohol rehab. Because that level of tolerance is a sure sign of alcohol addiction.

xylene

.13 is still rather high, and far more than 2 glasses of wine will get an adult male, no matter how short and skinny.

DWI4nonDrunk

One lawyer recommended some tests they do on the breathlizer machine as many times they do read fualty, but that costs like $1500.

Crap**************...and I was not drunk**************next time I just rather get wasted and do something really stupid.

outonbail

One lawyer recommended some tests they do on the breathlizer machine as many times they do read fualty, but that costs like $1500.

Crap**************...and I was not drunk**************next time I just rather get wasted and do something really stupid.
That'll solve all your problems for a while,,, then your only worry will be keeping Bubba happy.

BL

If you are a first time offender a Lawyer may be able to get the charges reduced , unless your state , or local DA. doesn't allow for pleas .

To clue you in , all you have to be doing is sitting in the seat with the keys in the ignition , and above the limit .

You say you passed the sobriety , but blew over on the breathalyzer .

To clue you in , that is part of the sobriety test .

You'd think you'd killed someone ?

Why do you think the laws have become strict . You're not completely clueless , are you ?

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

I've been there too, and was also confused about consumption resulting in the BAC formula. In my case, I had three glasses of wine. But what I failed to take into consideration was that these were not "standard" wine pours. They were big glasses, overfilled by the server who was new. I consumed what was probably more like six standard pours, if not more.

So it's not the number of drinks, and many people do lose track or want to believe it was fewer, rather it's the number of ounces and the potency.

DWI4nonDrunk

I have been speaking with several lawyers and they keep asking me the reason of why the officer pulled me over when he indeed did not even pull me over. He approached me while I was pulling my boat into the trailer.

So, what the reason for the officer to approach me to begin with? That it took me two tries to pull my tailer on the ramp? When he approached me he immediately gave me the sobreity test (to take on one leg, count to 20 one thousands as I look to the other leg) and once he took me to the police station he also gave me a careless driving ticket because according to him I took to long to back in my trailer.

If so, I want them to give me 10 cups of wine where I am litteraly S#*&$ faced and have them test me pulling my trailer back in the water. I can do that with my eyes closed and from all angles. Funny it is to say that people who have been boating for 30 years can back in their trailer but I dont see them getting any tickets.

But the day we got hit by drunk drivers in the water where my previous boat got totalled, nobody did anything. No test, no stading on my toe as you look at your nails, no nothing.

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

Doesn't matter how well you can do anything in any condition. The only thing that matters now is that they will be trying to prove that you were impaired. Your defense is now your burden. It also matters not what happened in the past with your previous boat, or the many other people you've seen driving drunk. The prosecution is going to say that you were impaired at the time you were in control of your vehicle.

Some Random Guy

I have been speaking with several lawyers and they keep asking me the reason of why the officer pulled me over when he indeed did not even pull me over. He approached me while I was pulling my boat into the trailer.
The lawyers were trying to see if they could get the arrest thrown out because the officer did not have cause to stop you. But, as you indicated, the officer did not pull you over. Therefore, there is no question of why he stopped you.

As with any other US citizen, police have the right to walk up to anybody and ask them questions. Its only when the police use their authority to pull people over that their actions are scrutinized by the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">