• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DWI in MN - Leaving the country before court Date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

galewskj

Hello,

A good friend of mine was just charged with DWI last night with a BAC of 0.093. She is from Japan and is in Minnesota temporarily. She has been planning on going back to Japan indefinitely on November 30th, and her DWI court date is December 3rd. What should we do in this situation? What will happen to her if she "skips out" on her DWI court appearance. I could go on her behalf.

seniorjudge

Hello,

A good friend of mine was just charged with DWI last night with a BAC of 0.093. She is from Japan and is in Minnesota temporarily. She has been planning on going back to Japan indefinitely on November 30th, and her DWI court date is December 3rd. What should we do in this situation? What will happen to her if she "skips out" on her DWI court appearance. I could go on her behalf.
There will be a failure to appear warrant issued and she will be persona non grata from then on.

galewskj

Thank you for the responses. My friend is going to stay in America for the hearing but will leave soon thereafter. If the judge insists on making her take training classes or community service that extend into the future, this will be a problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">