• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DWI in MN with license from TN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mfai91

I just moved back to MN a few months ago after going to college in TN. I was convicted of a DWI this week. I'm confused as to how to get my license back since my license is from TN. Do I need to go back to TN to work this out?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

FlyingRon

Which state were you convicted in? In addition to your DUI, why is it you broke the law by not getting a MN license in a timely fashion (you have 60 days)? Were you also cited for that?

Anyhow, if you were convicted in TN, you're going to have to square yourself with TN, before you can get a MN license.

If you were convicted in MN, you're going to have to square yourself with them first (as they almost certainly suspended your driving privileges there). If TN also suspended you as a result, you'll have to square yourself with TN. Only after being in good standing with both states can you get a MN license.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">