• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DWI in NC live in SC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sammyclassy

I got convicted paid $300 in court for a DWI back in 2008, and I got haunted by it today! I was flagged by the NDR when I renewed my license. I thought it was all resolved since I didn't know anything about a DWI. I never got a letter stating I needed the E-508 form filed and fee paid. All I got was 2 letters stating my driving is revoked in NC. So today, I looked at the letter I received a couple of months ago, and it stated that I need the form filed, pay $100 to NC, $100 to clerk of court and pay $100 to SC, since my license are suspended just 2 days ago. Now, I don't understand about the SR22. I've been driving for 8 years and my conviction was 2008, does this mean it's gonna appear on my license for 2016. I got the E-508 and it said nothing about SR22 and SC DMV stated all I need to do is resolve with NC and pay them and it's resolved, again nothing about SR22. I'm just confused. Thanks for any help.

FlyingRon

While you didn't say it, I suspect your SC driving privileges were suspended at the time of your conviction and subsequently you never went in and reinstated yourself. As a result, your NDR entry indeed is flagged and you can't renew or otherwise obtain licenses ANYWHERE. You're going to have to go to SC and jump through all the hoops they want to throw at you to clear your suspension there. You then can go to NC and renew there.

SR-22 is proof of insurance, commonly required when reinstating drivers. It's just a hoop you need to jump through along with paying your fees.

Your "record" isn't any more the worse off in your current situation since in has been since you got convicted, unless you were caught driving on the suspended/revoked license.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">