• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DWI in NJ w/CA License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thnj

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ & CA

On Dec. 14th, 2008 I was arrested in NJ for a DWI, however I was driving with a CA license. This is where things get complicated. In NJ, as opposed to CA they do not take your license away during the arrest. Instead they allow you to drive until you are actually convicted of the DWI. My court date was Feb. 4th 2009, in which I pleaded to the lesser offense in NJ which is a DWI between .08 and .10 which carries a minimum license suspension of 3 months, versus a .10+ which carries a minimum of 7 months. This is after I got the blood test results dismissed due to a technicality. So, I lost my privileges in NJ for 3 months. So I would be able to drive on May 4th. However, I received a letter from the CA DMV that my license was suspended for 6 months from the day of my court case, Feb. 4 which does not allow me to drive until Aug 4th. A few questions: A.) Isn't my suspension supposed to start from the day I was pulled over/arrested? B.) If so, what can I do to get them to correct the day that my suspension started from Feb. 4th to Dec. 14? C.) I was told about a 1650 waiver and want to know if it applies to my case considering I will not be moving back to California? D.) If I can use the 1650 waiver, can I not use it until my suspension is over in CA? Thank you for your help in advance.

THNJ

Abudman

Mandatory Actions

Contact Mandatory Actions in California at 800-777-0133, they will tell you everything you need to know to get your license reinstated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">