• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DWI probation and traveling abroad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aquaticaarchie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I am going to be placed on probation for multiple DWI s, I need to travel to Mexico for work. Will I be allowed to do so while I am on probation?

aquaticaarchie

Thanks

I have a business in Mexico and I came back to Texas after 12 years with the restaurant to go Culinary school, I sadly got arrested a couple of weeks after graduation and my plan was to come back to Mexico to work in my business. The business has fallen on tough times since my departure 2 1/2 years ago. I have the very difficult task to right the ship and I have to return to Texas to go to court at the end of the month. I am in a very difficult situation that the business might fail if I am gone for an extended amount of time. I have even considered going to the US consulate in town for help in documenting in writing my unique situation. I have also begun attending AA meetings to document that I am doing my part to become a better citizen of both countries. I have dual citizenship. How important is character references from Mexico weigh in a Texas court. Do they even care that my business is hanging on by a thread?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">