• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

With enough money for a great lawyer can case get dismissed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

itwasnotme

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Friday night I left a bar. Drove for about a mile before i was pulled over. I thoght I was okay. "I'm sure every does." The officer asked for my license and insurance. I gave him my license but I didnt have my insurance in the car. Then he asked me to get out to take some tests. I said "sure, no problem." He first asked me to watch his fingure. I did that. Then he told me to balance on one foot and count to 30. after each number saying one thousand. He also said I lose my balance to lift my foot back up and continue where I left off. I did that. So I did what he had asked with confidence. I did lose my balance 4 times. I didnt fall over or nothing. And I contated at a consistant pace. Not to fast and not to slow. Then he asked me to take a breathalizer test. I took it. I honestly didnt think I was drunk. I guess I blew a .16. So he arrested me. I didnt resist. i didnt say anything all I did was go down to the station and kept my mouth shut until I was released. The only thing I said no to was when he asked me to take the breathalizer at the station.

Do I have a chance at beating this?
With the right lawyer can the case be dismissed?
Four years ago I got a zero tolerence conviction. I had alcohol on my breath and I was driving. Is this going to be a problem?
Can a Big Shot lawyer do anything different the a small time lawyer?
What would be a reasonable price to pay for a lawyer for a case like this?

Thanks again.

CdwJava

Ouch! It seems everything is by the numbers. Just from what you wrote, I can see a couple of "clues" to inebriation, and they were only confirmed by the PAS test of .16. I'm not sure an attorney can do much for you in this case ... maybe if your PAS test in the field was closer to .08, but not at .16!

And not blowing at the station will almost certainly be considered a refusal to take a chemical test. That refusal may cost you your license for up to a year! That was not a good move. And that suspension will likely occur regardless of what happens in court.

Consult an attorney just to cover your bases, but it seems that you are pretty much done but for the sentencing.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">