• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

failure to pay 1st offense dui (among other things)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

messed up girl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california - In the past few years, I have gotten myself into some trouble. I haven't paid any of my fines either. It started with driving an uninsured vehicle - i believe that fine to have maybe tripled by now? Last I heard, I owed about $1000 on that. Then I got a dui. I completed the required classes, but wasn't able to pay both the class and my fine, so I just went to the class, avoiding both my work-release and my fine. Now it has caught up to me. I was arrested for drunk in public the other night and they realized that I had a warrant. My bail was set at almost $6000 and I ended up paying 10% to a bail bonds person and having my parents co-sign on it. My court date is in a month and I'm wondering what will happen. Will I be offered the option (or required) to spend time in jail to pay down my fines? If so, how much time would it be? Would I have the option of paying in full upfront? Please help :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">