• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fake Id Dropped Illinois

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

styles2310

Illinois: I was at a bar police officer asked for an id i showed him he said i was alright. one hour and a half later i was getting into a taxi and i hear someone yell there he is. next thing i know im sitting in the front of a cop car with my hands cuffed. i get booked i spend twelve hours in jail. i sign my bail and the charges for a felony and obstruction of justice was dropped and what i got was illegal consumption by a minor. my question is, they are attemptiing to suspend my license for twelve months. One, I am not being charged with a fake ID does that matter? and two does is my ID and driving privelages taken away for the full twelve months or only until i turn twenty one?

JETX

i was getting into a taxi and i hear someone yell there he is. next thing i know im sitting in the front of a cop car with my hands cuffed. i get booked i spend twelve hours in jail. i sign my bail and the charges for a felony and obstruction of justice was dropped and what i got was illegal consumption by a minor.
Something is wrong with your story. If you were getting into a taxi and not driving, how are you facing a license suspension??
Your story and charges simply don't 'add up'.
According to the suspension information at the following Illinois site, an MIP doesn't warrant suspension... but a fake ID could.
http://www.isp.state.il.us/traffic/drnkdriving.cfm

For a list of Illinois punishments for DUI, go to:
http://www.isp.state.il.us/traffic/drnkdriving.cfm

One, I am not being charged with a fake ID does that matter?
No... but that charge could be added later.

and two does is my ID and driving privelages taken away for the full twelve months or only until i turn twenty one?
Depends on the REAL charges you are facing. See above.
What is the actual statute shown on the citation?

styles2310

well ok let me get this straight. i was not driving but i was not sure where else to get it. i was thrown into jail because possesion and the use of a fake id would be a felony. i spent twelve hours in jail and found out that two out of my original three charges were being dropped. the charges that were being dropped were the fake id and obstruction of justice. on the paper i have to appear in court it states that i have a minor alcohol and possesion charge. a few days ago i get the letter in the mail stating that my license will be suspended. does this help at all?

styles2310

on the paper i received it only says i am being charged with a minor of consumption and possesion.... how can they put back my id charge or is that already through the system and thats why i received the notification? I am only being charged with the MIP/C.

FlyingRon

Using a fake id to purchase alcohol in Illinois results in the loss of license.

Does not matter if you are driving or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">