• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

field sobriety test

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needhelp27

Virginia.

Can a field sobriety test be suppressed if the officer does not ask about medical conditions that can inhibit performance during roadside test. If you have case numbers in virginia to give me examples that would be appreciated.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Virginia.

Can a field sobriety test be suppressed if the officer does not ask about medical conditions that can inhibit performance during roadside test. If you have case numbers in virginia to give me examples that would be appreciated.
Ask your attorney. Seriously. You are in way over your head if you're trying to do this without one.

tranquility

There can be any number of things that make a field sobriety test less valid. Doing one wrong can only get it suppressed if it violates a scientific test of admissible evidence. But, suppressing it would not give you what you want. Even if it was not admissible because it fell below the scientific standards, would not mean it did not add to the officer's impressions about your level of intoxication giving rise to probable cause to cause a chemical testing (Or, refusal.).

TigerD

Ask your attorney. Seriously. You are in way over your head if you're trying to do this without one.
OP: Read the quoted advice very carefully. Read it again.

I'm going to be blunt for a minute - you don't know what you are doing and you are playing with your life and your freedom. You need to get a criminal defense attorney with experience and training in DUI/DWI defense. Do not go for the cheapest attorney you can find. In my area you can find an attorney that does first-time DWIs for $599. All he does is stand beside you while you take a plea. A properly worked up DWI defense in my area takes about 23 hours excluding trial prep and trial time. Some attorneys will cut corners and do it for $2,000. I know one that won't talk to you without a minimum of $5,000. (He has had 12 DWI jury trials this year - 11 wins and one hung jury).

Go to the National College for DUI Defense or this site's find a lawyer link for a referral to one in your area.

DC

BL

Why were you or appeare to be inibriated to fail a test ?

if on pain killers or the like ,it doesn't have to be alcohal. and if not why are you driving around irracicaly with a med. condition that impairs your ability to drive ?

Last edited:

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Why were you or appeare to be inibriated to fail a test ?

...alcohal. and if not why are you driving around irracicaly with a med. condition that impairs your ability to drive ?

Geez, talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

;):p

BL

I was referring to the fact that your uncharacteristic writing style might lead one to believe that you were intoxicated.
Oh well , that differnt from DWI ,and I did recently have a brain bleed from a fall at home . was in ICU .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">