• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Finished Probation - Need Interlock Device? NY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ssny24

NY

I was convicted of an Aggravated DWI in 2013. I completed three years of probation in April. I am about to re-apply for my license, and I was looking up information on the interlock device. It says that it's monitored by the probation department during people's probation or conditional discharge. I am now off of probation, so how does that work? Do I need to get it? If so, who monitors it?

quincy

NY

I was convicted of an Aggravated DWI in 2013. I completed three years of probation in April. I am about to re-apply for my license, and I was looking up information on the interlock device. It says that it's monitored by the probation department during people's probation or conditional discharge. I am now off of probation, so how does that work? Do I need to get it? If so, who monitors it?
Do you have an interlock device installed on your vehicle already? Your post is a bit unclear.

Here is a link to New York's ignition interlock laws:

https://dmv.ny.gov/tickets/leandras-law-ignition-interlock-devices

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">