• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First DUI. Questions about fines fees and assessment/Community service and programs.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jerry215

I live in Hawthorne CA, My issue is that on the "Sentence and Order Granting Summary Probation" form, it tells me to "pay a fine, fees, and assessment costs", which would come out to a cost of $1,716.00, and then says "Or"<---------and this is the biggest part I'm having trouble interpreting. It says "Or do the community service and A.A. meetings and programs etc. And all of these programs would add up to just about the same amount as paying for the court fees, assessment etc. My question is, quite frankly, can I pay the court fees and fines and not have to do the community service? The "or" part stipulates just this, but I need to know for sure that I can pay these court fees and not have to do the community service and other things.

I would love to be able to just pay the fines and assessment because I have a very intense schedule right now, and it would be great if I could just pay for this stuff and not have to do ALL of that stuff. PLEASE HELP.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Well, I doubt anyone in the court system will have pity on you because of your "intense schedule".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">