• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First DWI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

twinch

What is the name of your state? NC

I was driving to college from a friends house and I had been drinking. I took the wrong exit and ended up in the heart of the city. I was like 2 minutes from school when I was pulled over. The cops were very nice and said that I passed the sobriety tests very well, but they still had to take me in. They didn't give me a breathalyzer until we were at the station.

This is my first DWI. I have a lawyer that was assigned to me and I doubt any of them are free. I have never done this before. I was given a DWI, Open container and driving left of center. I blew a .20 at the station. I am really scared that I will have to serve jail time. I don't know what to do? My record is clean other than a speeding ticket that I got 4 years ago.

What does anyone think they will do to me?

Twinch :)

JETX

What does anyone think they will do to me?
You will be taken out at sunrise, roped to a pole and shot!!

Seriously, your lawyer has far more information about your case than anyone here. What did he say when you asked??

twinch

LoL. I didn't ask anything. He gave me an appt. to come meet with him so we can talk about what happened and what I should do. That is why I didn't ask anything.

Thanks,

Twinch

Some Random Guy

And when your lawyer gets a copy of the police report, you will find that the report will state that you failed the sobriety checks. The police may have been nice to a cooperative drunk, tellin ghim he did well, but .20 is way over the limit and you won't pass the tests.

Consider AA meetings. A habit of attendance before your court date may cause the court to look favorably upon you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">