• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First time dui in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

floridadui

What is the name of your state? Florida
Hi, i really need some advice...
i was driving home on 9.2 at 4:00am from a friends house and got pulled over for speeding (54 in a 45). the officer performed a few field sobriety tests and i failed so he arrested me. Once at the station i was told that if i concented to a breathalizer test that i would only lose my license for 6 months and if i decline that i would lose my license for 12 months, so i took the test and blew a .19. I already have 11 points on my license for various traffic violations and just the speeding ticket would suspend my license for 12 months.
I just wanted to know if i should get a lawyer to try and do some "damage control" or if i should go it alone because there won't be much they can do for me. Thanks for you input.

Cheers!
dont drink and drive.

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

There may not be much they (lawyer) can do for you, but if I were you, I wouldn't want to face court / judge without a lawyer. First, you cannot discover what the prosecution's case against you is like without a lawyer. Second, the lawyer can try to get the prosecution to accept a lesser charge, which isn't likely. The BAC is high enough to catch their eye, and so is your driving record. These are two factors the prosecution and the judge will possibly consider.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">