• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FL DMV administrative review

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adoidont

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

Since this is coming up before my case I'm more concerned about it than the actual case since this will determine if I lose my license for 18 months. This is my second refusal according to the courts. The first time I was pulled over and charged for a dui was 6 years ago. The breath machine operator put me down as a refusal even though I didn't refuse and blew but apparently not hard enough. Later on the dui was thrown out since I was pulled over in my parking spot and didn't violate any traffic laws.

This case is a peculiar one, I was arrested for being suspected of being under the influence of alcohol but was only charged with my 2nd refusal and no DUI. Other tickets include running a stop sign, following too closely and open container.

Anyhow any advice on the dmv portion or anything would be greatly helpful! I have a strange feeling I hired a ****ty lawyer any need all the help I can get.

On a side note this is my first time I've quit drinking and it's been over a month :)

TigerD

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

Since this is coming up before my case I'm more concerned about it than the actual case since this will determine if I lose my license for 18 months. This is my second refusal according to the courts. The first time I was pulled over and charged for a dui was 6 years ago. The breath machine operator put me down as a refusal even though I didn't refuse and blew but apparently not hard enough. Later on the dui was thrown out since I was pulled over in my parking spot and didn't violate any traffic laws.

This case is a peculiar one, I was arrested for being suspected of being under the influence of alcohol but was only charged with my 2nd refusal and no DUI. Other tickets include running a stop sign, following too closely and open container.

Anyhow any advice on the dmv portion or anything would be greatly helpful! I have a strange feeling I hired a ****ty lawyer any need all the help I can get.

On a side note this is my first time I've quit drinking and it's been over a month :)
First, congrats on breaking the month mark. Don't get caught thinking you have it beat. Everyday is its own challenge.

Verify your attorney's experience. Is he/she a member of the National College for DUI Defense? What percentage of his/her practice is DUI work?

You need to talk to your attorney, because anything you do without his/her counsel could significantly affect your case.

DC

adoidont

First, congrats on breaking the month mark. Don't get caught thinking you have it beat. Everyday is its own challenge.

Verify your attorney's experience. Is he/she a member of the National College for DUI Defense? What percentage of his/her practice is DUI work?

You need to talk to your attorney, because anything you do without his/her counsel could significantly affect your case.

DC
Well he's handled a family member of mines dui cases over 10 years ago so hopefully he knows what he's doing. What I'm worried about is him being a deal maker or someone who will try to find a way to win the case. Since he's all knowing and I know nothing it's hard to know if he's actually doing anything.

For example the first time I was pulled over I picked up some bargain dui lawyer and he wanted me to take the offer, I said no. Just so happen I had a new who is a real estate attorney and I told him about the story. He said file a motion to suppress the stop so I told my dui lawyer what to do and bam, case dismissed.

adoidont

Also thanks, one day at a time.

Any advice with the administrative review since it's my first hurdle? My lawyer didn't offer me to go to the review but I'm going to invite myself to go and listen to the call.

TigerD

Also thanks, one day at a time.

Any advice with the administrative review since it's my first hurdle? My lawyer didn't offer me to go to the review but I'm going to invite myself to go and listen to the call.
You might not want to do that. You can be called to testify at the admin review. It is civil - not criminal. That could impact your case negatively.

DC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">