• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forged signature on AA attendance sheet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DJFalcon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

So my friend got a DUI and was sentenced to AA classes, counseling, and some other things in addition to fines and a suspended license.

He stopped going to the AA classes and just forged the signature pages to prove his attendance. Everything was submitted and the judge accepted the paperwork.

Is there any way he can be charged with something now if the DA found out? Forgery? Perjury? Failure to complete the original court's sentence?

TrueCHoJiN

First of all. AA stands for Alcoholics ANONYMOUS. Hmmm? How might I ask are you going to prove that an anonymous signature is, or is not, someone's??? That is EXACTLY why it will not be pursued. Unless you walk into court proclaiming they are forgeries, and then they still have to PROVE that they are actually forged...good luck proving that... But I have only been through this process three times myself, so I may be wrong....

HomeGuru

First of all. AA stands for Alcoholics ANONYMOUS. Hmmm? How might I ask are you going to prove that an anonymous signature is, or is not, someone's??? That is EXACTLY why it will not be pursued. Unless you walk into court proclaiming they are forgeries, and then they still have to PROVE that they are actually forged...good luck proving that... But I have only been through this process three times myself, so I may be wrong....
**A: hahaha, you are wrong.

Antigone*

Oh great, an moronic, drunk necroposter:eek:

aldaron

AA members never sign their whole name just 1st name initial or all initials, if they sign their whole name they're breaking one of the most important principles of AA which is to remain anonymous and to never promote AA. It keeps principles before personalities, nullifies those that want to run the show types.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
AA members never sign their whole name just 1st name initial or all initials, if they sign their whole name they're breaking one of the most important principles of AA which is to remain anonymous and to never promote AA.
The signature doesn't come from an attendee. It comes from the folks RUNNING the class. Too bad our system is gullible enough to believe that criminals won't lie.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">