+ Reply to Thread
    DJFalcon is offline Junior Member

Forged signature on AA attendance sheet

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

So my friend got a DUI and was sentenced to AA classes, counseling, and some other things in addition to fines and a suspended license.

He stopped going to the AA classes and just forged the signature pages to prove his attendance. Everything was submitted and the judge accepted the paperwork.

Is there any way he can be charged with something now if the DA found out? Forgery? Perjury? Failure to complete the original court's sentence?
    You Are Guilty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DJFalcon View Post
    Is there any way he can be charged with something now if the DA found out? Forgery? Perjury? Failure to complete the original court's sentence?
    Yes, yes & yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquility
    Once you get to crazy land, it is only a guess on how to get out.
    DJFalcon is offline Junior Member
    But would they actually bother with it? I guess not
    Stevef is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DJFalcon View Post
    If they find out about it, I suspect they would bother with it.
    Some Random Guy is offline Senior Member
    The surest way to get the book thrown at you is to make the judge look like a fool.
    TrueCHoJiN is offline Junior Member
    First of all. AA stands for Alcoholics ANONYMOUS. Hmmm? How might I ask are you going to prove that an anonymous signature is, or is not, someone's??? That is EXACTLY why it will not be pursued. Unless you walk into court proclaiming they are forgeries, and then they still have to PROVE that they are actually forged...good luck proving that... But I have only been through this process three times myself, so I may be wrong....
    Some Random Guy is offline Senior Member
    TrueCHoJiN, please don't revive threads over a year old. I'm sure his court case is done by now.
    HomeGuru is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueCHoJiN View Post
    First of all. AA stands for Alcoholics ANONYMOUS. Hmmm? How might I ask are you going to prove that an anonymous signature is, or is not, someone's??? That is EXACTLY why it will not be pursued. Unless you walk into court proclaiming they are forgeries, and then they still have to PROVE that they are actually forged...good luck proving that... But I have only been through this process three times myself, so I may be wrong....
    **A: hahaha, you are wrong.
    Antigone* is offline Senior Member
    In honor of JetX ~ Somnambulist University
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueCHoJiN View Post
    Oh great, an moronic, drunk necroposter
    aldaron is offline Member
    AA members never sign their whole name just 1st name initial or all initials, if they sign their whole name they're breaking one of the most important principles of AA which is to remain anonymous and to never promote AA. It keeps principles before personalities, nullifies those that want to run the show types.
    Zigner is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aldaron View Post
    AA members never sign their whole name just 1st name initial or all initials, if they sign their whole name they're breaking one of the most important principles of AA which is to remain anonymous and to never promote AA.
    The signature doesn't come from an attendee. It comes from the folks RUNNING the class. Too bad our system is gullible enough to believe that criminals won't lie.
    aldaron is offline Member
    AA doesnt have classes they have meetings and usually the paper is signed by a chairperson.
    Zigner is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aldaron View Post
    AA doesnt have classes they have meetings and usually the paper is signed by a chairperson.
    Semantics...