• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

GA holding CA dl renewal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkyly

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA & GA
Had a DUI in GA back in 2007 then moved to CA and completed dui classes in CA. I sent in proof of completion back to GA and got a CA driver's license. Now it is time to renew my CA dl but GA is holding my renewal and wants me to go back in GA to resolve my DUI, which I already did years before. Talked to GA and it will waive me having to go to court but I would have to do all the classes again. The thing here is, I work as a mechanic and I need my CA dl to drive the company's car. The company has temporary released me from work. Is there anything I can do to be allowed to drive the company's car until I re-solve everything? Is there anything I can do to fight this holding?

Last edited:

justalayman

Did anyone tell you why you they are requiring you to take the classes twice?
I suspect there was more to "taking care of it" than taking the classes. The fact they are willing to waive attending court suggests op was supposed to go to court way back when and failed to do so.

stinkyly

Did anyone tell you why you they are requiring you to take the classes twice?
The court is saying that they do not have records of me completing the classes. I have sent it to my PO and that is why I was cleared to get my CA dl years ago.

stinkyly

I suspect there was more to "taking care of it" than taking the classes. The fact they are willing to waive attending court suggests op was supposed to go to court way back when and failed to do so.
I remembered I did go to court and was assigned a PO to take care of the classes.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
The court is saying that they do not have records of me completing the classes. I have sent it to my PO and that is why I was cleared to get my CA dl years ago.
Well then it looks like you'll have to send it again.

justalayman

I remembered I did go to court and was assigned a PO to take care of the classes.

so look up the abstract of your case yourself to see what is there.

as to being able to do anything to circumvent the situation until it is resolved; most likely not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">