• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got a DWI then driving on a revoked!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jms_luna1

What is the name of your state? new mexico. I was charged with a dwi in new mexico. then two months later . driving on a revoked. they gave me a month to get a new DL . but i wrecked my car . and dont have a vehicle to put the interlock in . now i have court in a few days and dont know what to expect. will i get jail time???????

irish77

What is the name of your state? new mexico. I was charged with a dwi in new mexico. then two months later . driving on a revoked. they gave me a month to get a new DL . but i wrecked my car . and dont have a vehicle to put the interlock in . now i have court in a few days and dont know what to expect. will i get jail time???????
\

I did a google search real quick because I have to leave for work. I looked under NM, but couldn't find anything in a short amount of time. I would get a lawyer as soon as you can. I am not someone here trying to give you life advice as I am in a predicament myself, so my intentions are honest, concise, and do have effort. This was @ findlaw.com...

You'll probably be arrested. Driving with a suspended or revoked license is usually considered a crime that carries a heavy fine and possibly even jail time. At worst, it may be a felony; you could end up in state prison or with an obligation to perform many hours of community service. The penalties will probably be heaviest if the suspension or revocation was the result of a conviction for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI).

jms_luna1

No i was charged with the dwi. then my dl was revoked then i was pulled over. and sat in jail for 7 days and then the judge gave me 1 month to get a dwi DL. but i sold my car now i dont know what to do. I have a public defender that is repsenting me . she said i prob would get jail time . but i would like to make 100% sure

Clock

No i was charged with the dwi. then my dl was revoked then i was pulled over. and sat in jail for 7 days and then the judge gave me 1 month to get a dwi DL. but i sold my car now i dont know what to do. I have a public defender that is repsenting me . she said i prob would get jail time . but i would like to make 100% sure
You can't know for sure until you get convicted. The best thing you can do is predict the worst. You might want to ask your lawyer if you can do your time over the weekends or (if by some miracle you're eligible) attempt to substitute it for community service.

jms_luna1

yeah i know thats what i have been thinking about just the worse. so if i do get it then i wont be to upset.

irish77

You can't know for sure until you get convicted. The best thing you can do is predict the worst. You might want to ask your lawyer if you can do your time over the weekends or (if by some miracle you're eligible) attempt to substitute it for community service.
agree. just wait til you go through the process and then decide how to handle it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">