• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Has anybody who is eligible for ignition interlock device been denied it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

basketballer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado
I was recently convicted of a DUI in the state of CO, and refused the blood draw test however did submit to breathalyzer, which read all zeros(not a fan of alcohol, I was under influence of alprazolam). My license was taken by the police officer and he also issued a notice of revocation. Anyways in CO if you refuse either or both of these tests than after two months of revocation you are eligible for ignition interlock device which must then be kept for a period of two years. After being charged, I went to DMV to request a hearing regarding my notice of revocation, at which time I was issued a temporary permit to drive which is valid until my DMV hearing. I have been driving almost every day since then with no new problems. Anyways, next week I have my DMV hearing in which I am hoping to be allowed to get the ignition interlock device, however it is two days short of the two month period the notice of revocation states I must wait before eligible for ignition interlock. Can they approve me at the hearing if I agree to not drive for the next two days, and then get the ignition interlock when the two months has officially passed? Also, because I was not under the influence of alcohol, will they deny me because there is no ignition interlock for alprazolam? I am allready on court ordered probation and am taking random UA drug screens as ordered and have been clean since I received the DUI. Has anybody here been through anything similar, or been denied the ignition interlock device when eligible? I really need the ignition interlock device as my employer is a 45 min drive away, and am planning on starting a program at a local career college in June, which I have allready gotten books for and paid application/admission fees.

Also, due to all the money (and job) I have lost because of this, I recently had to move to Cheyenne, Wyoming with family as I could no longer afford my Denver rent. How big of a problem will that be?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">