• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Have interlock device and moving out of state. HELP!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NVKIM95

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KANSAS

Hey guys I am moving out of state this weekend and to start my new job but I currently have a breathalyzer with restricted license in Kansas. They won't let me have a physical DL, so I only have a photo ID in my posession but when any LEO looks up my DL/ID number it pops up as being active but with restriction (being the breathalyzer machine). I will be moving to Oklahoma and know that you must register with that state within 10 days to avoid having a catch 22 type of issue. I am needing to know how to go about this. The lady I called with the state of KS says that I need to keep the KS license and that there is no such thing as a 10 day regulation in OK, which I know isn't true. But I need to drive back and forth to work and my errands. I called the lady with the OK DMV and she says that I should be able to get a license being that I only have a ID in my posession instead of a DL, and that she honestly didn't know how to go about trying to transfer a restricted DL from KS and pretty much asked me why would you want to. What do I do?! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">