• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Have you heard of this happening?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Evillediana

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington state

I had a DUI 6 years ago and completed everything I was ordered to do including the Ignition interlock being installed and complied with until I was told my time with it was up in 2012 , I was pulled over yesterday and was told by the officer that it states on my license that I need to have an ignition interlock still, it also states that I have a probationary license until September 23 2016, I have contacted DOL and was told the company never sent the letter to the headquarters at the DOL stating that I complied and had the device. I have contacted the ignition interlock company and have had no luck findin my files, they told me that they had a new system installed in 2011 and might have lost it... I have a court date for "not driving with ignition interlock device" in vehicle and have no idea what to do from here, has anyone ever heard of this sort of thin happening? Any advice ?

justalayman

What proof do you have you had an interlock device installed? Do you have any bank records for payment of the installation and maintenance?

I suspect you should seriously consider hiring an attorney for this issue. The lack of proving your prior actions is simply too serious to risk.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
If you look at your license did it (or does it) have a restriction indicating that you need the interlock?

If so then you should have gone to the DoL as soon as your "time" was done to have the restriction removed. You could have handled this a lot easier then.

Evillediana

What proof do you have you had an interlock device installed? Do you have any bank records for payment of the installation and maintenance?

I suspect you should seriously consider hiring an attorney for this issue. The lack of proving your prior actions is simply too serious to risk.
Since my DUI was so long ago and I completed what I thought needed to be done I have moved 2 times and lost my paperwork in the process also switched banks , my next step is to contact my bank to get statements of payments to the company

Evillediana

I have found the ignition interlock company and they admitted to being at fault , they sent me a letter stating the dates I had it j stalled and removed, Sony can at least take that into court , I just can't believe the company forgot to do such an important thing and now I'm really paying

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">