• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Not Driving....say what????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justyermama

What is the name of your state? Washington

I have mental and emotional handicaps that are more severe under stress.

It is Christmas time and I am having PTSD symptoms and severe problems with depression. I'm on probation and not supposed to drink but I am feeling suicidal and I woke up in the evening time on the 22nd of December and had a beer. I went to my exe's and told him I don't want to live anymore. He did not see me drinking because I was not. I was very upset. He called the police. They called me but I was uncooperative with them because I didn't want to talk to them. I came home and had three more beers and took a bath. I was starting to chill out. The next thing I know they came to my house and were yelling at me and grilling me. They claimed I had just driven my car even though I know I had driven at least an hour earlier, and had then drank three beers. They arrested me for a DUI. I basically passed the field sobriety tests except my arms didn't stay perfectly by my sides while walking this line. I blew an .85. I finally became cooperative when I wasn't being yelled at. Please help. I know I am being railroaded, and I don't understand. I asked them if my ex said I was drinking or something because I didn't understand. They said no. What is going on? What can possibly happen now. I have a past physical control charge that was amended to reckless driving. I know I will have to deal with probation, but at least everyone providers/counselors know I am having problems right now and I am going to get into inpatient treatment because outpatient isn't working due to my mental health symptoms right now. Can someone give me advice?

acmb05

What is the name of your state? Washington

I have mental and emotional handicaps that are more severe under stress.

It is Christmas time and I am having PTSD symptoms and severe problems with depression. I'm on probation and not supposed to drink but I am feeling suicidal and I woke up in the evening time on the 22nd of December and had a beer. I went to my exe's and told him I don't want to live anymore. He did not see me drinking because I was not. I was very upset. He called the police. They called me but I was uncooperative with them because I didn't want to talk to them. I came home and had three more beers and took a bath. I was starting to chill out. The next thing I know they came to my house and were yelling at me and grilling me. They claimed I had just driven my car even though I know I had driven at least an hour earlier, and had then drank three beers. They arrested me for a DUI. I basically passed the field sobriety tests except my arms didn't stay perfectly by my sides while walking this line. I blew an .85. I finally became cooperative when I wasn't being yelled at. Please help. I know I am being railroaded, and I don't understand. I asked them if my ex said I was drinking or something because I didn't understand. They said no. What is going on? What can possibly happen now. I have a past physical control charge that was amended to reckless driving. I know I will have to deal with probation, but at least everyone providers/counselors know I am having problems right now and I am going to get into inpatient treatment because outpatient isn't working due to my mental health symptoms right now. Can someone give me advice?
You would be dead if you blew this amount. There is no way you blew this with only 3 beers. gez .10 is drunk

justyermama

Sorry I meant .085. I drank 1 beer if that. I drove. I came home and drank 3 beers, very sad etc. And I blew a point 085 after being taken to the police station. I was in my home. I was nowhere near my car. And I had no keys on my possession.

RiotAct

Where I live, a .08 is enough to warrant a DUI charge.

I don't mean to judge you, but your post just doesn't come across as above the table.

CdwJava

It is Christmas time and I am having PTSD symptoms and severe problems with depression.
A very bad time to be drinking alcohol, then ... it's a CNS depressant.

You need to consult an attorney to help you decide how to proceed. If it is as you describe, the chances are no DUI will stick ... but, I suspect that the officers' accounts of the events will differ from yours.

I also encourage you to get some counseling, soon.

- Carl

FlyingRon

.85 and you would definitely not be walking.
.085 is probably more like it.

I've seen .42 in one otherwise high strung people in my ER days, but most people that high are in a coma or dead.

justyermama

Thank you. I am in counseling. I can't imagine the police lying about where they arrested me. I know that on my ticket it says the place I received my dui was at my exe's which is 37 blocks west of my house and 16 blocks south of me. My ticket was received at 20:28and my breathalyzer done at 22:35, which is more than 2 hours difference. My ex claims I was there at 20:25. I know it was earlier than that. It takes at least 15 minutes to drive to my house. I wasn't looking at the clock unfortunately but know that I drank 3 beers here after arriving home, took a bath and was messing on the computer. And honestly, they came to my house and picked me up. My exe (we're not on good terms at all) says he told them he thought I was probably drinking and that he was worried I might hurt myself. He says he won't in any way go to court and testify against me. I do believe that because being a "snitch" officially would ruin his story of concern for me only.

It definitely was a .085. Any other comments? I am terrified.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">