• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP RECENT OUI: would this hold up in court/ should i get a lawyer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hulkmasterx6

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maine

So i was arrested for oui on within the past few days. i had left a friends house drunk and a civilian called me into the police as a drunk driver. by the time i got back to my college i had parked my car and had walked about 100 feet from my car towards my dorm building when police rolled up and stopped me, field sobriety tested me then arrested me. i don't believe that any officer or anybody for that matter witnessed my face behind the wheel of the car at any time.

Is this a just arrest or do i have a case against this?

Just Blue

So i was arrested for oui on within the past few days. i had left a friends house drunk and a civilian called me into the police as a drunk driver. by the time i got back to my college i had parked my car and had walked about 100 feet from my car towards my dorm building when police rolled up and stopped me, field sobriety tested me then arrested me. i don't believe that any officer or anybody for that matter witnessed my face behind the wheel of the car at any time.

Who was the "civilian"? What did the see or VIDEO?

And what did your attorney state regarding your comments and the wittiness statements thus far?

Blue :)

sandyclaus

Of course it's a just arrest. Whether or not they personally saw you behind the wheel, the police have that witness who can place you behind the wheel.

You need to hire an attorney, and say nothing without being in the presence of that attorney.

Just Blue

Of course it's a just arrest. Whether or not they personally saw you behind the wheel, the police have that witness who can place you behind the wheel.

You need to hire an attorney, and say nothing without being in the presence of that attorney.
Darn! You spoiled my "fun"!! :p

:rolleyes:

hulkmasterx6

idk who the witness was but i dont believe that they recognized ME get out of the car just that my car and whoever was driving it was swerving pretty badly. i dont remember the night but my argument is that it could have been someone other than me driving and they got out and walked the other way while i walked straight into the police. how could the police ever know it was ME driving? they asked me twice when i was a distance from my car if i had driven and i said no twice so they obviously did not see me at all in or around the car.

hulkmasterx6

Who was the "civilian"? What did the see or VIDEO?

And what did your attorney state regarding your comments and the wittiness statements thus far?

Blue :)

idk who the witness was but i dont believe that they recognized ME get out of the car just that my car and whoever was driving it was swerving pretty badly. i dont remember the night but my argument is that it could have been someone other than me driving and they got out and walked the other way while i walked straight into the police. how could the police ever know it was ME driving? they asked me twice when i was a distance from my car if i had driven and i said no twice so they obviously did not see me at all in or around the car.

as far as what the witness said i have no idea i have yet to go to trial or speak with an attorney

hulkmasterx6

i dont believe that the witness recognized ME get out of the car just that my car and whoever was driving it was swerving pretty badly. my argument is that it could have been someone other than me driving my car and they got out and walked the other way while i walked straight into the police. how could the police ever know it was ME driving? they asked me twice when i was a distance from my car if i had driven and i said no twice and that i had walked there so they obviously did not see me at all in or around the car.

sandyclaus

i dont believe that the witness recognized ME get out of the car just that my car and whoever was driving it was swerving pretty badly. my argument is that it could have been someone other than me driving my car and they got out and walked the other way while i walked straight into the police. how could the police ever know it was ME driving? they asked me twice when i was a distance from my car if i had driven and i said no twice and that i had walked there so they obviously did not see me at all in or around the car.
You don't know what the witness did or didn't see. Obviously they saw YOU, because the police followed by arresting YOU some 100 feet away from the car.

There's also that pesky admission you made that it WAS you, now all over the internet.

Like I said. Stop talking, and hire yourself a good attorney. It sounds like you're going to need one.

And stop drinking and driving. We don't want to have to deal with the repercussions of someone as unreliable and irresponsible as you drinking, driving, and then lying about it.

robertreck19

hello

It is a just arrest but to help you with it call your attorney to protect you. You are arrested because they have a witnessed so you have to ask for your lawyer's assistance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">