• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how long does my OUI stay on my record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zephyrzinthrup

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maine, I'm trying to find out how long my OUI stays on both my driving record and my crimonal record. I pled to OUI in june 2006, I believe it is a misdimeanor? BAC was 0.08, I had my license suspended and took the mandatory class, but I wonder when I can stop having to report it for criminal background checks, thank you

In Maine, unless there are agravating issues, a BAC of under .12 can be dropped down to reckless that disappears in 3 years.
OUI's stay on your record forever, but can only be used as a prior for 10 years from conviction.

As far as how far back someone can search, it depends. If it is the gov't they can look back forever...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">