• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long does state of California has to prosecute a DUI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yaya87

I had a car accident last year in 10/23/2010, and it was my fault due to run a stop sign.Police came and he suspected that I was driving under influcense. I was taken to the hospital due to minor injury. Police couldn't do any sobriety test due to my injury, and chemical test was the only option while i was at the hopsital. I was not taken away by the police due to my injury and police only took my driver license and issued me a pink sheet(temporary license). Since then I've never received any thing either from the police station nor from the DA office nor from the court regarding my court date or my case. I was never issued any ticket for traffic violation either. The only thing i've received was from DMV for license suspension which was fro three months. The package from DVM also included incident report, officer's statement, chemical test results, and traffic collision report. Chemical test result was 0.16. on the officer's statement at the recommendations part, it said case to city presecutor for filling charges:CVC 23152(a) DUI. Now it has already been a year since the accident happened, I still haven't received anything from the law enforment department. What does it mean, does it mean they can not presecute me or do anything regarding my DUI since one year has already been past? Or they still have time to file charges against me? What should I do? Please advise, thank you very much!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">