• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I can't find my case online

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plead guilty to a 1st-time DUI in Calif. a few months ago. The county court's online database does not show my case, though other ones more recent than mine are there.

Is it just that the records department enter cases in no particular order, and my case will eventually make it online? Or did I get very lucky?

I realize that the Court still has all the physical files, but it would be nice if my case is not so easily discoverable on its public website.

Thanks.

Thanks.

I know I have a criminal record, and I am being punished for it. I will also self-flagellate myself.

That was not my question, for which you have no answer.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thanks.

I know I have a criminal record, and I am being punished for it. I will also self-flagellate myself.

That was not my question, for which you have no answer.
You did get an answer for your question.

Please continue the self-flagellation.

quincy

I have read your posting history, betachains, and it appears that you do not care much for the volunteers on this site from whom you are seeking advice? Interesting.

For this reason, I suggest that you contact the courthouse directly and pose your questions there. You may wish to do so anonymously, so your call does not spur them to posting your record online sooner.

That said, there is no way for anyone here to tell you if your case will be published now, soon, ever or never. But here is what I predict:

I predict your criminal history will soon be posted publicly for all to view. In fact, you may even find your mug shot appearing on one of the mug shot arrest web sites, so I hope you did not look too stupid in your photo.

I can see your DUI conviction turning up on background checks done for employment purposes, limiting, and even eliminating in some cases, your chances for a job.

I can see where interest rates on loans, if you are even found eligible for one, will be much higher than average.

I can see where you will not be allowed entry into Canada.

I imagine you will notice an increase in insurance premiums, once you get your driver's license back.

I predict you will be very very unlucky.

Have a nice day.

Quincy, thanks man. I would never have figured all that out without your professional legal education and/or extensive law enforcement experience.

BTW, maybe A & Z can help you out with shorter (preferably one-line) useless responses.

quincy

One more prediction: Your time as a member here on FreeAdvice will be very very short. ;)

I am not sure what you expect anyone on this forum to tell you, betachains. You are asking a question that only the court can answer. So ask the court.

Or, if you want to give me your name, I will be happy to call the court for you and report back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">