• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Karri101

Hi, I'm from Minnesota and I'm 18. Back in Septmeber I was pulled over and given a minor while driving, also know as a not a drop! I ended up paying the citation and I am now on probation. I unfortunately didn't learn my lesson and I got a minor while at a friends house! I just wanted to know what will happen to me and if there is anything I can do about it?? :confused:

FlyingRon

You've violated your probation. It's up to your PO to determine how to pursue that.

Your license will be suspended for 180 days this time.

You could be sentenced up to 90 days or $1,000 (or both).

This is all presuming it was only the underage drinking and not DWI you're charged with and you weren't driving while still suspended from the first time.

Karri101

Responce

The first time I got pulled over was is Septemeber and I blew a .01! The officer gave me a "Not a drop" I went in to court payed my fines and they said I would be on probation. I'm confused though b/c I have NOT had to talk to a probation officer or anything like that. But just recently I was @ a friends house and the cops came! I got a minor of .091. Now I dont know whats going to happen to me!!!!????

paguy88

The first time I got pulled over was is Septemeber and I blew a .01! The officer gave me a "Not a drop" I went in to court payed my fines and they said I would be on probation. I'm confused though b/c I have NOT had to talk to a probation officer or anything like that. But just recently I was @ a friends house and the cops came! I got a minor of .091. Now I dont know whats going to happen to me!!!!????

did you have unsupervised probation?

FlyingRon

If you have an unsupervised probation, someome is still responsible, either a po you haven't met or the court that handed downt he probation.

Are you saying you blew a .09 and didn't get a DWI? You're lucky, you should have. I reiterate the need for a lawyer.

Now you've gone from the realm of "I'm too young to drink" to "I'm a danger to society for operating a vehicle while impaired".

Karri101

NO NO NO!!!! I got a "not a drop" is september, thats time I blew .01 !!!! Thats under the legal limit so he gave me the minor while driving or ( not a drop as others would call it)!! I had to go to court and they told me I had two options.... I could plead not guilty and go in front of a judge or...... I could plead guilty and pay $180 and be on probation. So I choose to pay the fine.!!!
THen Just last week I was @ a friends house and the police came and gave everyone minors! I blew a .09..... I was NOT driving! I was just given a minor! so now im scared bc I dont know if Im going to jail or not?????

FlyingRon

Other than the license suspension the potential penalties are the same 340A503 Subdiv 1 for someone under 21 is a misdemeanor and has a minimum fine of $100. Jail time is always a possibility.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">