• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need some expert advice on a current DUI charge....Please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kevinmcnasty

My friend and I were going into a restaurant and there were 2 police cars right in front of the entrance. As I walk into the restaurant,
i turn around and notice that the cops are cuffing my friend. I started walking towards the glass door to see what the matter was
and i was put in cuffs as well and given a field sobriety and a breathalizer test which i failed (.09)
The Cop said he saw me get out of the drivers side of the car.
I wasn't doing anything suspicious or stumbling, so would'nt he need some sort of probable cause to apprehend me like he did,
and also wouldn't he have to prove i was in the driver seat?

*Let me know if you guys need more specific details. Thanx

I'm in Mississippi BTW.

Last edited:

kevinmcnasty

I haven't got to see it yet, but I guess the big question is, "Can they charge me with DUI if I was drunk, but not in the vehicle when they apprehended me?" (even though they may have seen me get out of it)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">