• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ignition Interlock

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jtt55

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania. I had a question about ignition interlock. I was convicted of my second dui in 2006. It states in the law for a second time dui offender he/she has to install a approved ignition interlock for one year. My year is up and my regular drivers license is in my possesion. I want to have my ignition interlock removed but because I had one (ignition interlock) break in my possesion they informed me that I have to pay for it before I can have it removed. My question is if the law states one year and I completed the year can they legally refuse to remove the ignition interlock?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

jtt55

I paid up. Its easier that way. Though I think the laws should be more black and white. Aside from what my question about the ignition Interlock, in PA the punishments seem to vary not only by case to case but also by county.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">