• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ignition Interlock Device

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resin

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

As a two time offender I have one installed in my car. Thursday night had drinks with friends and was not driving. Friday morning when trying to go to work blew twice into the device and it registered as two fails and then displayed L47 which I later found meant I had 47 hours to get the car to the vendor so they could reset the device. After resetting the device I was told I would be receiving a letter from the Registry and would have to attend a hearing and the hearings officer would determine if my license will be revoked for10 years. Does anyone have any experience with this, will I need an attorney? Any info would be greatly appreciated.What is the name of your state?

Just Blue

Resin said:
What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

As a two time offender I have one installed in my car. Thursday night had drinks with friends and was not driving. Friday morning when trying to go to work blew twice into the device and it registered as two fails and then displayed L47 which I later found meant I had 47 hours to get the car to the vendor so they could reset the device. After resetting the device I was told I would be receiving a letter from the Registry and would have to attend a hearing and the hearings officer would determine if my license will be revoked for10 years. Does anyone have any experience with this, will I need an attorney? Any info would be greatly appreciated.What is the name of your state?

How much did you have to drink and how many hours later was it that you blew?

Resin

THE PRACTICE-25 said:
My response:

What a Dufus!

I hope you know how to ride a bicycle.

IAAL
Honestly didn't know that failing twice would lead to a hearing. When calling the interlock company and the vendor who installed it both told me to rinse with water and keep trying.

THE PRACTICE-25

Resin said:
Honestly didn't know that failing twice would lead to a hearing. When calling the interlock company and the vendor who installed it both told me to rinse with water and keep trying.

My response:

Look, you're a drunk. You're on an Interlock, and you've been through the court system, yet you continue to drink and get drunk (.10). You're an idiot, plain and simple. You don't learn.

Got money for a bus pass?

IAAL

outonbail

Resin said:
You were blowing a .10 and you actually believe that if you rinse with water the car will start?

Just what exactly, do you believe the reason was, for the courts requiring that this device be installed on your car? What good would it be if you could defeat it's purpose by rinsing with water?

Fortunately, this device prevented you from driving while you were under the influence of alcohol, as you obviously couldn't make the choice not to drive drunk on your own.

In fact, you called the manufacturer and the installation company and requested from them, information on how you could get the car to start despite the fact that you were drunk? This is almost unbelievable.

Some people just don't see how their actions go way beyond stupid,,,, way beyond,,,,

outonbail

One more thought,,,

If at all possible,,

and I know this is a long shot,,,,

also something you have obviously not attempted before,,,,

but, something I strongly recommend you try, no matter how frightening it may seem,,,,

Go to this hearing sober! Yes, Sober!!! That's sober as in, Absolutely no alcohol whatsoever, for at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled time of said hearing.

If you can't accomplish this by yourself, try to find a support group to assist you. However, it isn't really impossible to realize on your own. The most important thing is to not have anything to drink, which contains alcohol. This is easier to accomplish if you do not enter a bar, or a club, or a liquor store, or go drinking with your friends, or consume wine at church. In fact, do not enter any establishment which displays the time for "happy hour" on their front door.

and,,,,did I mention not consuming any alcohol?
I just want to be sure this was clear, as you have obviously overlooked this concern thus far, in your failed attempt to adhere to the conditions spelled out in the orders you received from the court.

One last thought, which I might add, is the most rewarding of all.

Did you realize, that if you were to save all the money you would have otherwise spent on alcohol, you will have saved enough to where you will be able to purchase a brand new 2016 year model car of your choice, just in time for getting your license reinstated!

Resin

I realize that a .10 is legally drunk. I had just woke from 5 hours of sleep, showered and had coffee. I did not feel drunk. When blowing in the device I did not know what I was blowing as far as a bac. Obviously if I had known I was at that level I would not have continued to blow.

Just Blue

Resin said:
I realize that a .10 is legally drunk. I had just woke from 5 hours of sleep, showered and had coffee. I did not feel drunk. When blowing in the device I did not know what I was blowing as far as a bac. Obviously if I had known I was at that level I would not have continued to blow.

What is really scary is how frickin drunk you would have to be to blow a .10 AFTER 5 hours of sleep and coffee....Time to quit! You are a drunk...stop now before you kill someone!

Resin

baystategirl said:
What is really scary is how frickin drunk you would have to be to blow a .10 AFTER 5 hours of sleep and coffee....Time to quit! You are a drunk...stop now before you kill someone!
Yes I realize I can't drink. As far as a registry hearing is concerned u think I have no chance even though there was no activity with my car since the previous afternoon. Or the fact that I tried to start the car with that bac is enough for them to revoke the license?

S

shell007

Resin said:
Yes I realize I can't drink. As far as a registry hearing is concerned u think I have no chance even though there was no activity with my car since the previous afternoon. Or the fact that I tried to start the car with that bac is enough for them to revoke the license?

Good lord I HOPE SO!!!

The time some drunk SOB hurts or kills someone I care about....I know I'll be on here on this site looking for my own "HOW TO GET OUT OF JAIL" legal advice. :mad:

Shay-Pari'e

Resin said:

Of course it is enough! The only thing that kept you off the roads was the machine. You do not deserve a license. You have no right being on our road way's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">